Project / Profile
We are looking for someone to accompany them in their Digital transformation in making Virtual the applications they are using.
Skills area : At ease with both infrastructure &
applications domains, knowledge and experience with Google environments and virtualization solutions.
ITIL certified with practice, experience in project related to application architecture and solution reengineering.
Hard Skills : experience with application re-engineering / renovation topics, at ease with both infrastructure & applications domains, knowledge and experience with
Google environments and virtualization solutions, project management standard skills.
Soft Skills: ability to coordinate a large number
of actors (including owners of each main application out of 1000+), strong skills of collaboration (context : teams the project leader will be in contact with are in various teams not used to work together), ...
Languages : French, english: good for professional
usage, able to work with international teams
located everywhere (web competency
center for ex. is based in Singapore).
Context : The client has launched a Digital workplace program (WeNow) to support a better employee
experience and boost collaboration in the group. Among various initiatives for a simpler digital environment (based on Google collaborative suite), the program aims to offer support of lite device (Chromebooks preferably) in replacement of the classical Windows workstation. Key conditions of success is to reduce dependency of their environment (+1000 applications) with Microsoft Office. A shift to
Google solutions is the long-term vision but a transition via virtual platform might be necessary.
In that context, different platforms are currently evaluated (VMWare, Citrix and AWS) for a decision before Summer.
Details of missions / tasks :
- Application transformation / remediation
- Assessment of application portfolio dependency with Microsoft Office.
- Identify and implement short term concrete and visible actions for application remediation
- Structure and organize roadmap / action plan to complete application reengineering for a full compatibility with Google suite & lite devices.
- Establish rules / recommendations on how to address properly the question of application remediation on a recurrent basis (incl demand management on google
- Application virtualization
- Set-up application virtualization when
necessary (installation, access and validation by application owners, shift to production).
- Contribute to the service definition around application virtualization (processes, roles, RACI, incident & change
management) in close coordination with application owner, end-user computing teams (MDM, Workstation, Lite device).